Monday, October 14, 2013

Pinch Me!

Even having a part-time job, I still can't really grasp that we actually LIVE in Colorado!  I know it has only been about 5 weeks, but it's so freakin' surreal!  I think our girls are still "off" and are trying to figure out what to do with their time.  (I am sure they miss the 3 seasons room from Ogden Dunes, especially Luna, where they had so much wildlife to watch). 
 
We took a walk yesterday morning from our place, east to Sandstone Ranch.  There are baseball and soccer fields at the front of the property and then a trail that loops and takes you past the original home on the property.  Unfortunately, as I have had to say so many times now, the floods damaged the bridge that would have enabled us to make the trail loop!!!  What we were able to walk, though, was very cool!  There is a "lookout" where you get a great view of the mountains to the west.  There are huge sandstone structures that provide a buffer from the house and the fields, so that when you are walking along the grass (or, better yet, sitting on the bench swing) at the home you can't hear all the goings-on from the sporting events.  Very smart planning, Mr. Morse Coffin!  And we saw a deer!  Finally!  We have missed our deer friends since leaving Ogden Dunes!
 
More hair stuff happened this weekend, too!  Chris happily bleached my hair and then toned it.  We went easy on the bleaching, so I still have a little hint of the golden color, but it seems to add depth.  However, I will get rid of it next color b/c we will use the stronger developer and I might add a color rather than just toning, because I want to achieve a platinum hue. 
 
I have learned more at Starbucks and sometimes I don't know how I will make it when I am thrown to the wolves.  I mean, when I am on the floor...especially when I am on the bar!  But then I think how all of my coworkers (or Partners, as Starbucks says) have learned everything and I give myself a break and know that in time I will do much out of routine.  After having done the same job for over 11 years, it is strange to be the new person and to not know what I am doing, while others are working so seamlessly together.  I have chosen to be there and am determined not to let myself get overwhelmed.  I want to enjoy my time and have that radiate to the customers and my fellow Partners.
 
Chris has a phone interview tomorrow with Johnson & Wales University in Denver.  He also applied to THE PERFECT JOB at UC Boulder!  We really, really, really want him to be offered the Boulder job!  We want to work in Boulder!  We want to, eventually, live in Boulder!  We fell in love with Boulder during our 2011 trip and we love to be there during our free time!  Fingers crossed!  Prayers and positive wishes are always appreciated.
 
Today started out gloomy, cold and a bit rainy, but, as I type, the sun seems to be trying with all its might to shine through!  The sun here in Colorado is simply amazing!  Even on the cool/cold days, it brings that little bit of warmth to make each day a delight!  And we were "promised" 300 days of sunshine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog