Monday, October 28, 2013

Change

A post from an automated email I get from Oprah's website, as well as an article in one of my (too) many magazines, were recently about change.  Change...something I know a lot about over the past few weeks, right!!??  I have quit my full-time job, left my gym, moved to a new state, went blonde, got a part-time job as a barista....in less than 2 months!  Whew! 
 
This quote from the Oprah article really struck a chord in me:
"What I like most about change is that it's a synonym for "hope".  If you are taking a risk, what you are really saying is 'I believe in tomorrow and I will be part of it.'" (Linda Ellerbee)
 
The tomorrow we are living now started May 15, 2011, when we arrived in Boulder and just KNEW we had to live there!  We started putting our plan into place that nite!  Just before attending the most amazing Sheryl Crow concert, for which we got tickets only 3 hours before the show!! 
 
We had a house to sell, which was the big anchor tying us to Indiana.  We got things sale-ready and were on the market in November.  The plan was to move as soon as our house sold.  However, when the house did sell (only 9 months later), we knew it would be too much of an undertaking to handle a big move with only 30 days to find a place in Colorado, on top of all the packing and other logistics.  We decided to find a rental and to work for one more year, this way we could put more money into our savings account, too.
 
As it got closer to the end of our lease, we amped up our job searches and began to search for the next rental.  I was successful in finding us a place to live, but neither of us secured work before the move.  Thankfully, we had been saving for several years. 
 
We packed up in early September and began the journey to our next adventure.  Our biggest adventure, by far!!
 
The magazine article got me thinking about goals, bucket list type stuff ~ what I want to experience, where I want to work, things I want to try.  I came up with a few things, so far:
~fitness trainer certification
~the new platform for my blog, so I can have photos again
~grad classes at CU-Boulder
~run a 5K
~serve meals for Thanksgiving and Christmas
~self-learn skincare for my needs
~learn more about witchcraft
~continue to improve at living simply
 
So, I have hope and am working on my tomorrows, while also being very present in my todays!
I wish you the same! 
 
Create your map, begin your journey, enjoy the detours!!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog