Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Fitness..Why Have You Forsaken Me?

I know it's ONLY been 3 weeks, but I haven't been exercising as much as I would like.  As much as I did back in Indiana, before the move.  I know, I know~ we have been busy and we are still in flux, adjusting. 
 
I have run outside, once.  It reinforced that I prefer to run inside on a treadmill.  But I did it and I am not completely against doing it again.
 
I did a small workout in our basement, once, which included about 15-20 minutes of shadow boxing.  It felt awesome to have my gloves back on!  While I didn't sweat as much as I did at LAB/UFC, it was so wonderful to perspire from exertion! 
 
I did the weight machines in the fitness area of our townhouse complex, once.
 
I did a quick warm-up style workout in the basement, once.
 
I have run on the treadmill in the fitness room...TWICE!  I ran 3 miles this morning and feel so energized! 
 
And lest I forget, we did a short hike at the gorgeous Red Rocks.  This place is amazing!  Human ingenuity using nature to carve out an outdoor amphitheatre and trails!  We cannot wait to see a concert here ~~ so many big names have played this venue.  U2 started the revolution, as a matter of fact, in the early 1980's. 
 
I guess my fitness hasn't completely been lost and I guess I just have to figure out how to put exercise into each day, no matter how intense, so that my mind stays clear and my body, healthy. 
 
We have access to fresh produce (love our new supermarkets Sprouts and Lucky's) and have been eating healthy! I even bought rolled oats, raw almonds, roasted almonds, dried cranberries and long grain rice directly from bulk bins!  We try to take snacks with us when we head out to save money and eat well!!  I started a snack bag, too, so it is handy.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog