Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Certified Barista...well, almost

I am in my third week at Starbucks and I get both a closing and an opening shift.  The craziest part of all, my manager scheduled only me & the shift supervisor ~~ no other trained barista with us!  Lucky for me, I am scheduled with my favorite shift, Jess!  She and I rocked it last nite.  Whew!   
 
Last nite, a lady who has been described to me as "the richest lady in Longmont" came in with her friend.  She has a particular way she wants her drink and has complained that her drink is wrong from most every barista, except for one who is friendly with her in social circles.  This barista has never made "rich lady's" drink correctly, yet, she happily drinks it!  She is one of those customers who needs to be high maintenance, just for the sake of it.  Apparently, both ladies were regulars, but then "rich lady" got mad about something and stopped coming in.  I hear Jess say her name, so I know that the drink I will be making could easily be returned.  Would you believe she did not complain?!?  What a boon to my confidence!  HA!
 
The best part of this week: I am finally on the tip share!  Let's hope this week is as big as the last couple.  This is my very first job with tips!  Fun!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog