Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Felt Like Home

On Sunday, we headed to LoDo for the first time...and certainly not to be the last!
 
Our first stop, which a friend had mentioned, as did a website of Things To See in LoDo:
 
 
As soon as I stepped across the threshold, I felt at home!  It was like slipping into comfy slippers to sit in your favorite chair while sipping coffee and reading a book or flipping thru magazines.  Everything is worn and lived in and welcoming ~ exactly what I want a bookstore to be!!
 
The coffee is tasty & the refills only 75¢!  There is plenty of seating and free wifi.  There are 2 floors of books, plus racks of magazines.  The floors are wood.  The furniture is mismatched and old.  The building, which I need to research, is brick and must have been something industrial in its previous life.  They have a small event place.  Neil Gaiman has been there!!!!! 
 
While walking around to soak it all in, I told Chris I wanted to move in!  No one would notice, right?!  I would LOVE to work there!  (They are currently hiring...but the drive for a part-time gig is too long.)  I can't wait to go back!!
 
We might make Sunday trips to Denver...specifically Tattered Cover (especially during the cold months) part of our regular routine.  (After paying $5 to park in a lot, we discovered that the parking meters are free on Sundays...however, it was a Broncos home game, so we would have had to park quite a ways away to get street parking that day or needed to have arrived a little earlier.  But, now we know!)
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog