Thursday, October 10, 2013

Caffeinated

So, I finished my first week at Starbucks.  My trainer, Karey, is awesome!  She
said I have done great!  I just know that the biggest "test" will be when I am on bar making drinks by myself! 
 
I did work the register today and made a few drinks for actual customers! 
 
And I have made several drinks for training...and some sampling!
 
I have also done coffee tasting, both with and without bakery items.
 
Even without consuming full beverages, I have left work with small caffeine headaches.  It doesn't help that I haven't been consuming water during my shift or that I am not really eating anything. 
 
There are so so so many drinks that I will have to try, coffee-based and not, that I could go months without remaking the same drink for myself.  I sampled Frappuccinos today:  vanilla bean, coffee, caramel and mocha, along with a cool lime Refresher and an orange mango smoothie.  All made by me!  Oh, I did a Caramel Macchiato, too.  You might be surprised at what goes into this drink, or rather what doesn't...but I'm not going to give away company secrets!  HA!!
 
Before leaving today, since it is the last day of my workweek, I brought home our first bag of free coffee!  Although Chris wanted a blonde roast (the lightest), I chose Ethiopia, a medium roast.  Can't wait to grind the beans and enjoy some fresh coffee made with pumpkin cake that Chris is whipping up tonite.  (Don't know how well I will sleep being all caffeinated-up, but I am off until Monday, so I can catch up on my sleep this weekend!  If not, I have my Ethiopia coffee to perk me up!!!)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog