Thursday, October 3, 2013

Howling at the Moon

Where we live in Longmont is the far east side, right along the border between the counties.  Our townhouse is at the back of the complex and we face an open field that backs up to the St. Vrain Creek.  There are prairie dogs all around and even a few rabbits, that, strangely, aren't that afraid of people!
 
We also have coyotes!
 
Yep!  Coyotes!!
 
We were hearing them pretty regularly around 8:45/9PM.  We even heard them during the full Harvest Moon.
 
However, some nites when our bedroom window is open, they wake me up! 
 
I have to choose between being awoken around 2AM from the howls or closing the window and waking up because I get too hot! 
 
The weather is due to change and get colder, so I don't think I will have to make the choice of leaving the window open or closing it.  (There is a ceiling fan in the room, anyway!!)  And it isn't every nite I hear the coyotes.
 
I do wonder where they go to during the day, tho...
 
Oh, and please don't share this info with my mother!  She is a worry wart!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog