Thursday, October 3, 2013

Anything Goes

One of the things I have noticed and LOVED since arriving in Colorado is the "anything goes" attitude when it comes to attire!
 
Seriously!! 
 
Maybe it's the fact that the temperature accommodates shorts, jeans, tees, sweaters/sweatshirts, flip flops, sandals, shoes, boots...in any combination!
 
You see it all here...at the same time!  A guy in a short-sleeve shirt and shorts passes by, while another is dressed in jeans, long-sleeve shirt and jacket!  A woman in a flowy skirt, sandals and tank passes by another who is in workout wear!
 
Me, I have worn shorts and a tee with my rain boots!  And jean skirt, tights, tee and knee-high brown boots!!!  Sometimes, I have to change outfits because it's chilly in the evenings.  When we were in Boulder yesterday, we stopped in one of the many thrift stores (Colorado seems to be full of them, lucky us!) and Chris found me the most perfect pair of black boots!  I have a heeled pair, but wanted something slightly flatter.  These are going to work with so many outfits (shorts, skinny jeans, skirts), as well as my "new" dress purchased at a retro resale shop in Niwot, Rockin' Robin's
 
We have been wearing shorts, up to today.  (I was in shorts and a tank top on Monday...the last day of September!)  The weather is changing as I type, actually.  It is getting very chilly.  Rain is expected tonite into tomorrow and may even be a rain/snow mix by tomorrow with a high temp in the mid 40's!  Yikes!! 
 
Saturday will still be cool, high 50's/low 60's.  We are going to Boulder for the CU football game and it will be nice to dress Fall, not summer.  We aren't actually going to the game, but I want to be there during all the football hoopla, amid the colorful trees, the babbling creek and the chill!!  I've been looking forward to wearing one of my many lighter weight coats. 
 
Sunday starts the 70's for the week, so who knows what I'll be wearing next week when I am not working.  (Working!!!)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog