Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Free Spirit Living...with a bit of scheduling on the side

We have been making some major life changes, as you all well know.  Part of my changes are to be more in the moment, free-spirited, grab-life-by-the-horns and live, get out in our new environs and discover what has been waiting for me!!! 
 
However, I also crave exercise and I know that in order to properly do justice the fitness I want (and need!!) in my life, I must schedule it in!  With a random work schedule, it will be a bit of a challenge, but since I am only working part-time right now, it's not insurmountable!  With what we have right in our basement and the exercise room within the complex confines, I don't have one excuse not to work out several times a week.  (Hell, I should do something daily...even 20-30 minutes on the treadmill makes me feel awake and alive!)
 
I am going to begin this very week!  As a matter of fact, we started on Sunday with our impromptu walk to Sandstone Ranch!  This morning, I did a 20 minute treadmill warm-up, 2 sets on the weight machines and 175 ab exercises!  I was energized!!!  I know that once I get myself moving, I am so happy I got out of the house or off the couch (or, truth be told, off the internet!) because I ENJOY working out! 
 
Besides, I need to counteract all of the free espresso beverages I will be consuming at Starbucks!  HeeHee!!
 
I know I won't ever be one of those true gypsy spirits, but I am practicing and putting into place what works for my gypsy heart. 
 
And that is truly what matters...what works for me and brings me happiness, so that I am radiating joy to my friends & family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog