Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Partnering With Starbucks

I had my first day at Starbucks yesterday.  Four hours of training stuff, no big deal.  I then had to attend a meeting after closing, where I was able to meet all of my co-workers (save one).
 
There are some great perks to being a Partner with this company.  Beginning with a free pound of coffee for home use EVERY week!  I could get Kcups, Via or tea, in lieu of the bag of coffee.  We are gonna be stocked up!!  It's really too bad we don't have any friends or family near with whom we can share this bounty!  I can enjoy unlimited beverages during my shift, plus the 30 minutes before and after!!  I get a 30% discount otherwise (and at all other Starbucks locations).  I will get 2 green aprons with my name embroidered on them, as well.
 
My co-workers seem like a great bunch.  And, I am not the oldest!  I'm right about in the middle!  Whew!!  It seems I stumbled into the best store in the area ~ I was told this by several employees.  While I am anxious because it's a lot to learn, I am also confident that my fellow Partners will look out for me and help me to learn and grow.  Yay, lucky me!!! 
 
I have a couple more shifts this week, but I don't yet know when I will actually be hands-on to learn how to make drinks.  I am hoping I get to learn inventory and stocking, then register, then making drinks at the bar. 
 
Funny sidenote:  my barista trainer, Karey, said that right after I left yesterday one of their regulars came in and learned that Mike, another barista, is leaving.  The customer said something about missing Mike's cool hair!  And Karey told him that Jennifer (me), Mike's replacement, also has cool hair!  HA!! 
 
 I showed up this week with much lighter hair than my interview: cut and color!  And the color is going to get even lighter....working on platinum.
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Awesome. I want to see a pic of you with a platinum pixie! :) Miss you, luv. Nikki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I get the color where I want it (soon, I hope!), I will get a good pic up on FB. I am actually going back tonite to get a little more cut b/c it just is a bit too long from Sunday's cut.

      Delete

Search This Blog