Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Big Reveal

If you are friend with me on Facebook, then you know I vaguely mentioned that I will be entering the fitness field.  I have accepted a barter deal to work at Fit Chick Express for the summer, in exchange for free class access (12 boot camp classes each month, plus 5 Zumba, 5 yoga and 10 kickboxing).
 
Tomorrow morning, I will meet with the owner, Angie, to "observe" while she teaches three classes.  Then, some other time during the week, she will observe me for three.  If we both feel confident, then I will start teaching solo!  I might take a couple of Angie's class times and then I am available to sub for the other trainers, if needed.
 
I have already started working on a strength plan and I will get a cardio one done, too (I think I found a really great one to springboard off).  One week M/W/F are strength with T/R cardio and then it flips the following week.  I sure hope the Chicks like my style! 
 
This barter works great for me & for Angie!  The timing is perfect!!
 
I have been getting to know several of the Chicks during our twice weekly Cardio Meetups.  It will be fun getting to know more of them and getting to know them better.  However, it will be sad to leave at the end of August, when we move to Denver, after developing some great friendships.  But, Longmont isn't THAT far from Denver, so I can always swing back up now & again!  
 
I am going to enjoy myself for the next 2 1/2 months!  That's what life's all about! 
 
Sometimes you know what's around the next corner and other times, you are simply excitedly anticipating the Big Reveal!

Update:  I found out that Angie puts together the workout plans, so all I will have to do is the warm-up and stretching!  If there is time, I can throw in some burpees or an ab/core exercise or two!  Not too shabby!  

2 comments:

  1. Inspiring Pixie! Sounds like a perfect fit for you, and for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx, Trixie! I could use you here for moral support and some CP-ette motivation!

      Delete

Search This Blog