Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Longevity & Wellness

 Before I began my Group Fitness Instructor studies, I had been reading about anti-aging: hormones, diet, exercise, rest.  So, in addition to my fitness career, I am also pursuing a Longevity Wellness specialty certification. 
 
I am slowly going thru a folder that is chock full of magazine tear-outs of exercises.  Eventually, I will have it somewhat organized...maybe!  I am going to use it as a reference tool for making workouts for myself (and, hopefully very soon, others)! 
 
I have some other health-related things thrown in there, too.  One half piece of paper is handwritten notes that I copied from one of Dr. Andrew Weil's books so many years ago.  So completely apropos!!
 
Twelve Steps to Healthy Aging
2) Use a dietary supplement wisely (vitamin-mineral)
3) Use preventive medicine wisely
4) Get regular physical activity (aerobic, strength, flexibility)
5) Get adequate rest & sleep
6) Practice some form of stress management
7) Exercise your mind
8) Stay connected socially and intellectually
9) Remain flexible in mind & body
10) Discover benefits of aging (wisdom, experience)
11) Do not try to deny aging
12) Think about your legacy
  
Pretty simple, right? 
 
Like wine, whiskey and antiques ~ all get better with age!!!


 "Many people think that as we age, we tend to slow down and do less; that physical decline is an inevitable consequence of aging. For the most part, this is not true. Much of the physical frailty attributed to aging is actually the result of inactivity, disease or poor nutrition."
(Understanding Mid-Life Transition)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog