Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Accountability

Since scoring the 10 kickboxing classes deal at Tran's Martial Arts, I have been logging my fitness activities.  I would write on multiple calendars which days I planned to attend and then I checkmarked after I returned home from class.  For the 2-week free trial at Fit Chick Express, I did the same.  Each type of class I scheduled online was also written on our fridge calendar and was then checked off.  I keep a handwritten To Do list of all the activities I need to handle for the current week, which includes workouts.  As a non-member, I am fortunate to have a Cardio Meetup group with the Fit Chicks on Wednesday and Friday mornings at 6:45 and, yes, that is logged on my calendar and list (and we sign-up online). 
 
Clearly, I am a list person.  I like to write things down and then cross them off as they are completed.  It keeps me accountable and gives me a sense of accomplishment (which I need even more right now sans a job!).  Once most things on my To Do list are completed, I usually start a fresh one, transferring the things yet to be handled and, of course, adding new items!!!  I also have a personal calendar where I keep everything, too, tho I don't refer to it as often. 
 
I feel that by creating my personal workouts in advance, I am holding myself accountable.  Being physically fit is my LIFE....and soon it will also be my job!  {Yay!!}
 
Now that I am on my own again, I am creating my exercise plan for the week, (I am documenting the exercises I performed in a small notebook, to use as a reference tool when I lead classes). 
 
Today, I had my refreshing early morning 5+K run and I followed it up at home with a Flat Belly Workout, as follows:
 
Flat Belly
60 Jumping Jacks
60 Flutterkicks
40 Jackknifes
40 Sumo squats (20 per side)
50 Jumping Jacks
30 Boat Pose Twist with 10 lb weight (each side)
30 Double Leg Lifts
30 Russian Twists with 10 lb weight (each side)
30 Bicycle Crunches (each side)
40 Mountain Climbers (each side)
25 Reverse Crunches
25 Ab Roller*
 
*If you don't have an ab roller, do 25 full situps.
 
If you want to use this as a sort of warmup, follow it with a run (at least one mile) or a 4-5 minute plank or this Crossfit @ Home routine:
 
25 Pushups
5 Squats
20 Pushups
10 Squats
15 Pushups
15 Squats
10 Pushups
20 Squats
5 Pushups
25 Squats
 
Make sure you practice proper form.  Be slow & controlled, especially on the squats.  Feel the burn!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog