Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Sample Workouts

Now that I am not currently involved in a structured exercise program, I am back to creating my own workouts.  Also, since I am now a certified fitness instructor, I want to create several training options that I will do myself and that I can share when I get my own class!!!  At-home, I have a set of 10 lb dumbbells, a free resistance band from Shape magazine, an ab roller, a jump rope and a heavy bag.  At our condo complex, we have access to a fitness room with a treadmill, an elliptical and machines for 13 different exercises. 
 
Here are three I have done recently:
 
1) Resistance Training ~ Strength
Warm-up - 30 seconds, 2 or 3 sets
Butt kickers with high hands
Frog crunches
Jump lunges
Burpees
 
Workout - 6 reps, 3 sets (1 minute break btwn sets)
8-12 machines, working all muscles
 
Abs - 30 seconds, 2 sets
Bird-dog
Reverse crunches
Side-to-side ankle touch
Plank twist
 
1 fast mile on treadmill
 
 
2) Cardio
Warm-up - 30 seconds, 3 sets
Jumping jacks
High hands/high knees
Mountain climbers
Squat-side kick
 
Workout - Boxing 20 minutes
5 X 3 minute rounds
1 min jump rope btwn rounds
 
Abs - 30 seconds, 2 sets
Left side plank lift
Right side plank lift
Superman
Full situp
Side-to-side ankle touch
 
 
3) Boot Camp
Warm-up - 30 seconds, 3 sets
Jog in place
Pushups
Fast hands/fast feet
Sumo squats
 
Workout - 45 seconds, 4 sets (45 second break btwn sets)
Renegade rows with twist
Lateral raises with resistance band
Lunge/reverse lunge bicep curl
Squat upright row
 
Abs - 4 minutes
Plank
Left side plank
Right side plank
Plank
 
(Because I ate half of a Sampler platter from Bdubs last nite, I also ran 2 miles on the treadmill!!)
 
End each workout with static stretches for your arms, legs, shoulders, neck, core.
 
Additionally, two or three times a week, walk/interval/run for 30 minutes or more. 
 
That is 5 or 6 days of workouts and one day of rest! 
 
Remember to get outdoors and be active!  Move, move, move ~ everything counts!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog