Monday, June 16, 2014

Jitters? What jitters?!?

Last week, I got the chance to co-teach a Boot Camp class at Fit Chick Express!  For the days leading up to, I was rather anxious!  The anticipation was nerve-wrecking!  I don't know many of these ladies and they sure as hell don't know where I came from!  I sort of appeared on the scene!  For all they know, I crawled out from under a rock just to cause them some trouble!  HA!  Would they just dismiss me?  Would they embrace my style?  Would I feel confident?  Would I reach them with the passion I feel for fitness?
 
That first class was okay.  Not great, but I will take okay!  By the second class, I felt so much different.  I need to work on projecting my voice throughout the gym because the fans and music just bounce off the concrete walls and I can barely be heard!  (Yes, for those who know me...MY voice isn't loud enough!!!  I will have to literally holler, like a drill sergeant or cheerleader!!!)
 
Today's class was more improvement (except for my voice...grrr!).  I joked more, cajoled more, encouraged more, instructed more...connected more.  One of the Chicks actually thought I had previously taught elsewhere!  How awesome is that?!?
 
It was elating! 
 
I have several more this week, various times to get to know more of the Chicks. 
 
And....on Saturday, I teach my first Kickboxing class!  This deal is SOLO!  I am looking forward to it!  I get to workout with the gals and I always enjoy hitting the heavy bag!! 
 
It's so great to be part of this community of women!  I am blessed to have been so readily accepted! 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you!!!!! It's fun to be doing something I truly enjoy!!! This summer "internship" should get me prepared for the job hunt in Denver this fall!

      Delete

Search This Blog