Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Kickboxing!!

Oh, hell to the yeah!  Saturday morning (before heading to Denver Pride for the day) I taught my first Kickboxing class at Fit Chick Express!
 
Unlike my first boot camp class, I was not nervous or anxious.  I KNOW kickboxing!  I ADORE boxing & kickboxing!  Back in Indiana, at LAB/UFC Gym, I LIVED for boxing and kickboxing!  They are now in my blood!!! 
 
I found my groove! 
 
It was awesome!  I was energized!  The Chicks were rockstars! 
 
My teaching style is pretty different from the other instructor, with whom they are all familiar.  Didn't know if they would love or hate me!  But, I would happily accept either!
 
I worked out alongside the ladies, while also going around to each to make sure they got the combination and were using proper form. 
 
On Friday, I wrote the workout on the gym chalkboard, to save me a little time Saturday morning.  When I arrived about 6:40A, I had to get the heavy bags into position, set the timers (I was using 3!!), start the fans, open the garage door and have my iPod blasting!!
 
Here is what we did:
Warm-up (30 sec X 2)
Jumping Jacks
Butt Kickers
Bicycles
High Hands High Knees
Fast Hands Fast Feet
Pushups
Squat Side Kick
Reverse Lunges
Plank Twist
Slips
 
Workout (6 or 7 3-minute rounds with 1-minute active rest)
Jump Rope
Burpees
Situps
Squats
Jog Shoulder Press
 
Abs (1 minute each)
S/S Ankle Touch
Up Downs
Sumo Touchdown
Flutterkicks
Plank
 
It is structured just how I learned back at LAB from all of the AMAZING instructors who motivated, encouraged, pushed and challenged me for four years!
 
I cannot wait to teach it again!!!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog