Thursday, March 6, 2014

Pieces of Me

The divorce affected my brother and I differently, yet equally profound.  I searched for affection in all the wrong people; Ry sought refuge in all the wrong places.  
Our choices were reckless.  Many of mine could have changed my life forever.  Most of Ry’s…did. 
While we had already begun to drift apart as a result of our living situation, when I had to leave Ry at the airport to fly to Florida to live with our mom, my heart, which had been fractured by the divorce, my mother’s departure and my father’s absences, finally, completely shattered.  Our family was officially broken. 

7 comments:

  1. Life is so complicated. And hard, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we just never know what secrets another has stored inside. Love you!

      Delete
    2. And of course it is the hard times that shape us and test us and force us to grow.

      Delete
  2. ...and that is the pain that never goes completely away. The pain that we must build the rest of our lives on. My brother and I have also been completely fractured, completely different lives and probably the same pain.
    love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you Sista!
    Trixie

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog