Friday, March 28, 2014

Flax & Oat Muffins 2.0!!

Back in early February, I posted this recipe.  These muffins have been in regular rotation since I discovered them from Ashley at Oh She Glows.  I have made them my own, however, by the addition of cinnamon (which I have also increased from the previous post to 1 1/2 tsp) and, now, quinoa!  When making them yesterday, I decided to add 1 cup of cooked quinoa ~ just to amp up the healthfulness to 11!!!  I do think they are now simply perfect! 
 
You could "indulge" even more by adding unsweetened cocoa powder (I prefer the Special Dark version).  Maybe 1 tablespoon, more or less to your liking.
 
You can not go wrong with these babies!  They are very dense and will not rise, so be generous when filling your muffin tins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog