Thursday, March 20, 2014

A Taste of Springtime

The other day I posted this recipe.  While making my cake today, for Ostara, I realized that any citrus fruit would be a delight.  Use low-fat lemon yogurt with lemon zest or low-fat plain yogurt and orange zest.  I don't know if there is orange yogurt, so add in some orange juice to punch up the flavor and decrease the oil by the same. 
 
While contemplating how to garnish this year's cake, I was thinking about what pairs well with lime.  Well, we like cherry limeade....but I don't think I will find any fresh cherries.  I wasn't going to look for the gummy lime wedges I used the first time.  I figured I would just thaw some of our frozen strawberries, as the original recipe suggested.  Then, inspiration hit when singing to Luna the other morning.
 
You put the lime in the coconut! 
 
Eureka! 
 
I am really looking forward to the zesty lime and sweet coconut taste of this perfect First Day of Spring cake! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog