Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Carnivale Time

I left my heart in New Orleans!
 
Yep, we have the beauty of the mountains and the clear, starry skies out here in Colorado.  But I still long for the Crescent City...
 
Brass bands, zydeco, jambalaya, red beans & rice, po' boys, beignets, the Mississippi, masks, beads, parades, streetcars, live oaks with Spanish moss, gas lights, iron balconies.
 
It's Carnival!  It's Mardi Gras!! 
 
We are decorated with beads, masks and a Mardi Gras banner.  Chris made a killer Mardi Gras design on our big chalkboard!!!  We have been enjoying King Cake since Lundi Gras.  We plan to get good Cajun eats and music tonite at Oskar Blues.
 
I'm going to listen to Galactic, Kermit Ruffins, Troy "Trombone Shorty" Andrews, Dr. John and so many of the other Big Easy doctors, professors, kings & queens today!!
 
So, do a lady a kindness and hand me that parasol o'er yonder, I see a Second Line headed my way!
 
Laissez les bon temps rouler!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog