Monday, March 10, 2014

Necessary Maintenance

While sitting here at Meineke getting some necessary maintenance on my ride (trans flush), I thought I would share with you my most recent personal maintenance product trial.
 
I have been into eating healthy, exercising and practicing various facial regimens (acne & anti-aging) for many years.  I have also had coconut oil in my cabinet for some of those years.  I have cooked with it, now & again, but just didn't really get used to the flavor change from olive oil.  I LOVE the taste of coconut; however, the oil I have almost seems to have the yucky fake chemical-ly coconut taste that I detest!
 
When I got my new (FREEEEEEEE!) tattoo from Enchanted Ink last year, the suggestion was to use coconut or olive oil over other moisturizers.  I decided to use my coconut, since I had 1 1/2 jars.  It worked great!  I can't say if it was JUST the oil, but this shop uses only nature-based inks, which could make a huge difference, too. 
 
I was finishing up some body lotion and intended to buy Neutrogena's Rainbath Oil.  Then, it hit me, I should try my coconut oil!  Besides, the use by date passed in 2012!!  Didn't want to be wasteful, right?!  So, I have used it several times, applying it right after showering but before drying off, just like the Neutrogena product.  I like it thus far.  And I will continue to use up all 1 1/2 jars!!! 

Just be careful if you get in my shower ~~  it might be slippery!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog