Thursday, March 13, 2014

Follow-ups

So, I have used the illuMask about 15 times, which is half the uses for which it is programmed.  I do think it works to keep the smaller pimples from forming and dries up some of the oil.  I have not used it for 15 consecutive days, however, tho I know it might work its best if I were to do so.  I have decided to space it out (and, in all honesty, some days I have forgotten until after I have applied makeup or my nightly moisturizer combo!!). 
 
I think I will go back to taking Pycnogenol because it will work for my cystic acne that forms along my jawline.  The illuMask is not meant for cystic acne and, besides, it doesn't reach under my chin even if it did. 
 
As for my new "moisturizer," coconut oil, I can't yet say that it is as moisturizing as other actual moisturizers, but I did read in one of my recent Self magazines that Jillian Michaels recommends it for its anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties.  So, if it's good enough for Jill, by damn, it's good enough for Jen!!!  And, as I said in my previous post, I am going not going to waste the jars I have on hand. 
 
Anyone else using natural oils for moisturizers?  Your thoughts?  Do you have more success with one over others?
 
BTW, because I suffer from acne, I don't use it on my face because it is oil.   I have read conflicting info on the use of oil on oily, acne-prone skin.  I am choosing to not add more oil.  Rather, I use a Vitamin C lotion every morning and evening.  I top it with a moisturizer with SPF for the day and a thicker cream at nite.  (I find myself much more dry here in Colorado, than Indiana, so the thick cream was an addition almost right after we arrived!!)
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. We used Almond Oils out there, our skin drank it up. We love us some Coconut Oil around here. I have always been interested in Dr Hauschka and now Pangea Organics products. Pangea Organics is in Colorado :)
    Trixie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what brand I have, but I do know it is organic and coconut is the only ingredient. I love the smell of almond oil and think I will switch to it when I am done with my jars of coconut! Thanx for the reminder, Trixie!

      Delete

Search This Blog