Monday, September 29, 2014

Much of Nothing

I make myself wait until the official first day of Fall to indulge in candy corn.  It is a love-hate relationship.  Because I will eat & eat (& eat) them, along with lightly salted peanuts, until I am sick!  I bought a bag Friday and am almost finished with it!  Sheesh!! 
 
The apartment is beginning to feel more homey.  I can't explain why, other than time.  We have almost "completed" two months of the 12-month lease!  Our sleep, however, is constantly disrupted.  We are at our wit's end with this issue, especially after finding out the guy upstairs is NOT a legal tenant!!  We will have to consider a realtor about February, so we can take our sweet time making a purchasing decision and not be rushed. 
 
I have only enjoyed ONE Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte.  I treated myself Wednesday morning before working at Halloween City. 
 
Today feels like Fall!!!  It shouldn't get above 75 degrees, but it has brought some rain.  I have some windows open and was snuggled under my leopard blanket, while eating my salad & then coffee with pumpkin waffle cookies. 
 
I teach my first Express Kickboxing class at Matrix this Wednesday.  It is without the benefit of heavy bags, so I am going to use very light dumbbells.  I will call out combos, plus toss in burpees, sprawls, jumping jacks, pushups, some abs.  All beginning with 4-5 minutes of intense warmup and ending with several minutes of abs followed by stretches.  I am being given the chance to teach this Mondays and Wednesdays at noon.  I would like to see if I can change the Wednesday TRX class to Kickboxing b/c there is already a 5:30 TRX, I had no one attend last week and I believe there are people who would like the chance to take it that simply cannot make it over lunch break.
 
We hopped on I-25 Saturday to find the IKEA store.  We enjoyed some food samples, got coffees (75¢ each), a cinnamon roll for me ($1) and a hot dog for Chris (50¢).  We bought a 99¢ bag of whole bean coffee and an orange-elderflower marmalade.  Yes, I said IKEA, not Trader Joe's or Whole Foods!  HA!!  We really aren't interested in adding any furniture to the apartment.  We want to wait until we are in a place we own again and decorate around that space.  Tho, if we found a free kitchen-size table (nothing big), we would snag it b/c it would come in really handy for laptop usage. 
 
We walked to the library yesterday afternoon to return the CDs I had checked out the previous Sunday.  Chris got some more and I checked out a couple of Goddess books.  There are FOUR floors in this place!!!  I could have spent longer, but we were both tired, had the walk back and we needed to get a couple things done at home before the weekend was over.  And by taking a little extra time, I made us get caught in rain with about a quarter of our walk left!  It got windy and pretty chilly ~ we were in shorts, tanks and light jackets!  The weather can turn on a dime around here!
 
Halloween City is becoming a bit more fun.  While they aren't playing Halloween music constantly (and I am hopeful that come Wednesday, the first of October that will change), they are getting in more stuff ~~ decent animatronics.  I didn't have to get on the register immediately Friday, so I was able to walk around, see what we have, orient myself, be a little more prepared for customer questions....and check out the masquerade masks, as I want one if we decide to attend the Exotica Erotica Ball!!
 
We are planning to get a membership at the Denver Botanic Gardens.  They have a Chihuly exhibit we want to see, which is also available at night with lighting directed at the glass sculptures.  Another nighttime event is a Ghost Tour.  Getting a membership affords us two free tickets to an event, discounts to others and the ability to spend as little or as much time at the Gardens as we like.  My first Halloween City paycheck is less than $2 shy of the fee.  Cool!!
 
I think that's all the random rambling rolling around in my noggin right now. 
 
How have YOU been enjoying the change of the season??  Are you working on your Halloween costume (or your kiddos)?  Do you plan to hit some haunted houses?  Have you been making any fall creations in the kitchen?
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed a photo shoot in the colorful DeMote leaves, I tried Pumpkin soup (it was delicious but obviously not made for the lactose intolerant) I enjoyed a super fresh pumpkin muffin - OMG! It was divine! I had my first soy pumpkin latte from Panera bread (not good), I plan on buying a fall scented candle today. I will be treating myself to a fall colored nail polish, a scenic drive, I have reached out to a mutual friend to see if there is any interest in going to a Halloween Party (no luck so far). I will be decorating for fall this weekend and planning a Fall craft for me and Isabella. I have a few more things on my list but so far thats it. Oh and I plan on taking a nice long walk - in the woods. Wish you were here to share with me and I know I would be going to a Halloween Party with you and Chris if you were closer. :( Missing you my dear friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we could enjoy a coffee and a walk among the Dunes, the sand and the woods, together!! Of course, you would be coming to any and all Halloween parties with us!! I am glad you had so many Fall plans and I hope you were able to hit each of them! The drive along 12/20 was always beautiful in the fall ~ on the way to Lighthouse Mall in MCity! It took longer than I thought, but we did get foliage color change here and I reveled in it! Next year, I hope to drive the mountains to see it all laid out in (almost) untouched natural splendor!

      Delete

Search This Blog