Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Our Favorite Holiday's Month Is Here!

Make October AWESOME!
 
I started out with a delicious piece of toast slathered with Trader Joe's Pumpkin Butter I picked up just yesterday!   Mmmmmm!!
 
Chris and I are mulling over attending the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema's Mile High Horror Film Festival.  The Alamo offers full-service, meaning you do not have to leave your seat during the movie (unless, of course, what you need is a bathroom break!).  They serve meals & alcohol, along with pop and popcorn.  I cannot wait!  We are considering "Texas Chainsaw Massacre," the original, of course!  If not the horror festival, maybe a little "Hocus Pocus"!
 
We did a little Halloween decorating the other nite.  Mostly on the patio, but there are a few things I placed here & there inside.  It was also a great time to look through our costume & accessory totes.  I pulled out a couple things for my main costume.  If we attend more than one costume party (fingers crossed), then I will head back in there (and my regular closet) to put something together.  And I just might utilize my 30% discount at Halloween City to pick up a masquerade mask for the Exotica Erotica Ball.
 
I start my Express Kickboxing class today.  30 minutes, full-out, using 2 lb. dumbbells!  I hope we are all out of breath and full of sweat at the end! 
 
It is sunny & cool here.  A true Fall day!! 
 
I have enjoyed seeing the pumpkins and Halloween decorations around Denver as I travel to the gym and the grocery store.  Our kind of peeps!
 
This weekend, we are hoping to head into the mountains a bit to see the spectacular colors.  There has been snow this week in the High Country!  And more to come tonite!  However, the weekend is to be in the upper 70's and the sun should be brightly shining, so I am hopeful that the roads where we need to drive will be clear & dry.  I need to be up in the mountains; I need to see the fall foliage; I need to walk among the decaying leaves, with their particular smell that is indicative of autumn and the end of the harvest.
 
I bought a sweet potato soup mix at World Market last week and a box of pumpkin cornbread croutons at Trader Joe's, which we might enjoy this weekend!  I'll bump up the nutritional value of the soup by adding some chunks of baked chicken breasts.  Doesn't that sound like how fall should taste??!!
 
In addition to pumpkin butter, I snagged a Balsamic & Fig Butter at Sprouts.  That should be scrumptious on biscuits!!  Maybe even a ginger snap or gingerbread cookie!!!
 
Merry October 1st!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Wow! You sure are celebrating October & fall. Everything sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had planned to make pumpkin butter a couple weeks ago, but haven't gotten to it. I do have one can of pumpkin in the cabinet, which I will either use to make bread or the butter! Then...well, I will have to buy more canned pumpkin!!!

      Delete

Search This Blog