Friday, September 26, 2014

Mabon Mashup Meal

For Mabon, first day of Fall, I made a delicious hash of sorts.  A mish-mash of squash, veggies & proteins.
 
I sliced an acorn squash, placed in a 9x13 baking dish, drizzled maple syrup, sprinkled cinnamon and rosemary and baked in 375 degree oven for 20 minutes.
 
I sautéed red bell pepper, red onion & celery.  (I may have added sea salt and pepper.) 
 
I sliced bacon and cooked it, along with chicken sausage, to crisp, and set aside. 
 
I removed the squash from the oven, sliced and peeled away the skin and cut into chunks, which I added to the sautéed veggies and continued to warm on the stove. 
 
I added a drained & rinsed can of cannellini beans,  a few generous spoonfuls of cooked quinoa and a splash of water to the skillet of veggies & squash and continued to warm to meld all of the flavors together.
 
I spooned the squash-veggie-quinoa into bowls and sprinkled, generously, with the bacon & chicken sausage.  We had cranberry-raisin-walnut bread from Sprouts, which I smothered with pumpkin yogurt I quickly made (Fage Greek yogurt, pumpkin puree, honey & pumpkin pie spice).
 
It has made for wonderful leftovers for lunch!!
 
Today, I am making my Sweet Potato Hash!  Mmmmm!!!
 
So, as I was looking back to find a post where I gave the recipe for the sweet potato hash, I found an entry from October 6, 2013, where I made both of these recipes!!!!!  I guess they are my Welcome Fall faves!  The link(s) will provide both recipes, tho I always encourage you to make the dish your own! 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog