Monday, September 15, 2014

Do I Have a Personal Style?!?

I enjoy checking out people's fashion choices.  Some I admire, others, well, they aren't for me, but, hey, be uniquely you, right? 
 
I know a couple people who exude mad individual style!  I envy them that!  I see what they put together and think to myself, "I would never have thought of wearing something like that."  or "I couldn't pull that off, but she looks awesome!"  I will wonder if I have anything similar in my limited wardrobe.

I love the tattooed, the wild hair colors, boots, hats ~~ everything put together just so.
 
It got me thinking....do I have a personal style?
 
I have been disliking ALL of my clothes.  I am completely uninspired when I get dressed.  Our stuff is kind of here & there with the new space and that might be part of my hindrance.  However, I think I'm in a funk and/or in desperate need of an overhaul!

I am not even sure if I know what I want for MY style!  I like so many, like steampunk, parts of the gypsy (think Stevie Nicks) and the bohemian, and others for which I have no name.  See, I feel like I'm scattered. 

The other thing...the BIG thing...is not wanting to spend money.  Or, at least, too much.  Those of you who have read my posts over the years will know that I am a fan of resale, Goodwill, Salvation Army, so I know I can find pieces now and again for a really great deal!  The problem, I feel like I gravitate toward what I already have and I am SICK OF IT!  Ugh!
 
Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. I think we all have those days. For starters I LOVE YOUR STYLE. You always look amazing.

    The changing seasons might have us craving for something new. I'm sick of my wardrobe too.
    For inspiration I like to go through "fashion" pages or pinterest and just see how other people put their outfits together. Fall clothes search . . . that sometimes inspires me to put together something I already have but didn't think to put together. Sometimes all you need is one new piece . . . a chunky scarf or sweater. As long as you stay true to yourself ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. My problem...I don't know what being true to myself is in this regard. I appreciate that you think I "look amazing"! I don't shop much any more, so I am probably super tired of the same things. You may be on to something about the changing of the seasons, tho, because I am very ready to be in jeans, sweaters, boots, scarves ~~ shorts & tanks I am ready to be done with for a bit! It is also hard here as it seems we can get a couple seasons in one day. I could dress a little closer to fall attire in the mornings, but by mid-day, it is pretty warm. The sun and our proximity to it (the Mile High City!) makes for a drastic temperature difference from shady spots. Something will inspire me ~ I hope! ;)

      Delete

Search This Blog