Thursday, September 4, 2014

Endings. Beginnings. Change.

I am not one who historically handles change well.  I have had to get much better at it over the past few years!  Selling our home in Hobart was the start and it continues to this very moment.
 
I thought the biggest change, other than the downsizing, of living in our apartment would be parallel street parking and/or a claw foot tub.  Well, Chris is an awesome parallel parking teacher and I am doing far better than I had expected already!  Yay, me!  Showering in the claw foot tub has been just fine....it's actually a bit easier to shave than in the Longmont shower (weird, right?!).  So, the biggest change has been dealing with a bad upstairs neighbor, whom we have had to write the management about twice just this week!  He is noisy during the required quiet hours and he seems to lack common sense (he was squirting his porch with a hose the other afternoon, thereby getting our things wet....it made zero sense!). 
 
Anyway....
 
We knew apartment living would be temporary and have pretty well decided that this place will only be for one year, rather than the two we had hoped so that we wouldn't be moving every year!  We are going to look to buy in Denver, most likely.  We aren't opposed to a house again, but it would have to be much newer than our place in Hobart.  We like the idea of a townhouse or some type of side-by-side with a small yard.  We will still consider a condo, but will be very particular to the sound-proofing and would want to be in nothing more than 3 stories with us at the top!  Hopefully, owning would bring our monthly payment back to something we like better (rent is crazy ridiculous!) and we can begin regular transfers to our savings account, which we will have used toward the down payment and will need rebuilding.
 
Moving 30+ miles south to Denver, basically, ended my relationship with Fit Chick Express, in the sense of my physical presence.  I considered driving up on Thursdays to teach two morning classes, but just don't see it playing out.  I wouldn't have made the trip during winter, or bad driving conditions, so it really only left this month and, probably, next month.  I miss the Chicks ~ working out with them, instructing them and socializing with them!  But, I knew pre-move....just like leaving UFC Gym.  Endings signal beginnings, tho, and mine is about to start.  I will be working at Matrix Fitness & Spa beginning next week.  I am going to be introduced to members and the business by working the front desk, but I am also taking over a 45-minute TRX class!!!  I am going to also get more classes, like Group Training, maybe another group fitness like Power Abs and going to learn Xbike to be a sub!  The staff whom I have met so far are pretty spectacular!  The management is enthusiastic about me and really working with me to create a schedule that fits my life and that utilizes me in the best way, like more teaching than front desk.  It's kind of exhilarating!  I think we feed off of one another's excitement, passion, commitment!  This should be a wonderful fit and challenge! 
 
By entering the working world again, don't know yet if I will be working PT or FT hours, my "free" time with Chris will be impacted.  We anticipated this, of course, and will adjust accordingly.  We will both take advantage of the time away from one another to pursue our individual creative outlets, as well as our shared time to experience Denver & its surrounding sights and to work on our joint creative pursuits.  And by working, I will, once again, contribute to our bank account!  (Especially with training pay over front desk pay!!!)
 
My years of working out at UFC Gym and the months working out and teaching at Fit Chick Express saw me in whatever workout clothes I chose to throw on.  I have a handful of workout capris (black and gray) and lots of tshirts of varying colors, both solids and with images.   The preferred color scheme for Matrix, however, is red & black for trainers and black with touches of white or red for front desk.  They aren't too pushy on the trainers, so I will do my best with what I have and then slowly add ~ and, quite honestly, most of my things are old, not tattered, but old, so I can do with updating, especially since they will now be work clothes, not just workout clothes!! 
 
My meeting today with the vice president for Matrix has me very excited about this new company!    They are looking to get me in the mix of teaching ASAP and even have ideas for down the road.  That makes a girl feel pretty damn special! 
 
There have been lots of endings followed by lots of beginnings over the past three years and plenty of changes to roll with.....I'm pleasantly anticipating this next endeavor which is helping to lead me down the path of career change I have been envisioning for myself.  Like they say, surround yourself with positive people who have your best interest in mind and you will soar!
 
The winds of changing are a-blowing.  My wings are unfolding.  Flight is, once again, on the horizon.
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

Search This Blog