Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tick Tock

Five Months...
 
Sometimes it feels like those 5 months have flown by: It's been 5 months?!?  Other days, especially recently, it feels like a year should have already passed:  It's ONLY been 5 months!?!  It's a matter of semantics, right?
 
Tell that to my brain!! 
 
Should I feel like this is my "home" after five months?  Because it doesn't.
 
Perhaps because Longmont, our current city, is not where we will be staying.  We are landing here for only our first year.  (7 more months to go!!!  ONLY 7 more months to go!)  I'm not making this city my home.  We have found several places we like to eat and hang out.  I can get around the city well enough.  I have a part-time job, where I get to meet and interact with people.  It's enough, for here, for now.
 
Our townhouse/condo doesn't feel "homey" to me.  The entire complex doesn't give me a welcoming vibe.  Don't get me wrong, it's not unsafe, it's just not for me (or us, really).  We have plenty of room, to include a basement where Chris put up our heavy bag and I have a small exercise area.  There is a small fitness room with decent enough equipment at our disposal 24/7.  I work on taking advantage of our closeness to nature out our door by taking walks, alone & with Chris. 
 
Longmont certainly doesn't give us the activities we crave, tho.  We are making the best of this time and this place.  I know that fun, happiness, joy, adventure comes from within me and I can find it anywhere I land.  However, I am hopeful that our move to(ward) Denver in the fall will provide us with more opportunities to fill our dance cards, so to speak!
 
There are days when I feel my light is dimmed and I am using those days to recharge & reclaim.  I do have To Do lists to conquer, but we all know those don't inspire creativity and light!  :)  Tho I think that if I work on one item each week, I will feel a lightness return as those responsibilities are addressed.
 
I am keeping up on my Gratitude Jar!  I might incorporate a daily "3 things I want to improve on", to help me be even more mindful.  They can be as simple as practicing patience and giving compliments.  I started holding myself accountable to 25 reps/3 times a day of pushups, squats and abs, so that on the days I don't get to "major" exercise I know I have done something for my body! 
 
I want to sprinkle fun things for Chris & me, too!  It's easy to get caught up in the work, laundry, grocery shopping, housecleaning hamster wheel, ya know?  It's all the other things that bring the shine back.  Those things we plan and look forward to that keep us going and moving forward.  This month, we are going to Oskar Blues to hear music for the first time!  And to celebrate Chris's birthday!!  Next month, an early Mardi Gras party at Oskar Blues, a Galactic concert in Denver, along with a one-nite B&B stay and some St. Patty's Day eats at my co-worker's place. 
 
By that time, another month will have passed! 
 
And it's ONLY 3 months until my birthday!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog