Friday, February 21, 2014

In My Pursuit for Clear Skin

I stumbled upon a "beauty breakthrough" in Cosmo that sounded like it may help me: 
 
The illuMask Anti-Acne Light Therapy Mask, available at Walmart for $30 (which is 30 treatments).
 
Now, I am familiar with light therapy for acne and even had it done once by an esthetician-in-training a few years ago.  I also use a product called Thermaclear, recommended by a friend, which zaps the area onto which it touches. 
 
My biggest issue is cystic acne and I don't think the Thermaclear does much to combat it.  However, I do use it since I bought it!
 
My honey surprised me with the illuMask ~ a belated Valentine's gift, perhaps.
 
I have used it 3 nites now; each session is 15 minutes.  It looks pretty funny on and I am surprised I didn't completely freak out the cats!!  I have to walk carefully down the 2 flights of stairs from our bedroom to the living room, while blindly reaching for the railings!  Then I sit on the couch to watch TV and chat with Chris while it works its magic!  My primary area of concern is my jawline and under my chin, but it doesn't seem that the illuMask reaches that area, unfortunately. 
 
If you recall from a previous post, I was trying pycnogenol for acne, anti-aging and perimenopausal issues.  I took it for 60 days and I truly believe it helped, especially with the cystic acne.  Once I was out of the pycnogenol, it returned, almost immediately.  And cystic acne sticks around for a.very.long.time!
 
So, I am giving the illuMask a 30-day (or 30 uses) try.  If I don't feel it really worked and that the pycnogenol was better, I am returning the mask to Walmart and buying more pycnogenol.
 
BTW, I didn't read the instructions, so I don't yet know how I get more than 30 sessions.  Would seem a waste to not have some way to "refill" the system.   
 
I'll keep you posted. 
 
Oh, and for those of you who aren't dealing with (adult) acne, there is the illuMask Anti-Aging Treatment Mask.  I could try both, as I am dealing with both acne and aging ~ Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog