Monday, February 3, 2014

Choices

Forget that finicky bitch, Spring, and her equally unreliable mother, Nature!  Let's focus on something that will actually occur on a particular date and has done so, like clockwork, every year since 1972...
 
MY birthday!
 
I'll be 42.  And let me fill you in on a little secret:
I am not afraid of 42 ~ or any age.  I'm not afraid of death, except for dying too young.
 
A recent conversation with my mom brought my attention, front & center, about caring for myself.  So many choices we make in life have consequences that are not immediate.  Years down the road we can be slapped in the face with the reality of our decisions.
 
Be kind to yourself.  Treat your body well.  Keep your mind sharp.  Maintain meaningful connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog