Friday, January 24, 2014

Waning

Maybe it's natural.  A circadian rhythm.  A resetting of the system. 
 
Well, that's what I am telling myself this week as my motivation to work out has waned, drastically.  It may have started last week, but I was able to push myself out the door last week. This week, along with talking myself out of it, there have been some "kinks" in my mornings with Chris off on Monday and going in later on Thursday ~ however, what is my excuse for Wednesday & Friday, right?! Once I get to the "gym", I am all good. (I did weights on Tuesday ~ go, me!)   
 
It's the getting there, especially this week, that is my biggest hurdle these days (honestly, since our move). 
 
Thankfully, I have been eating pretty clean.  Also, thankfully, we don't have a bunch of junk in the house (we usually don't anyway) on which I could gorge.  That, truly, has been my savior!!
 
I have been faithfully drinking my water, taking my bottle to work with me (refilling it once within the 5 hours I am there)!  I added a couple slices of cucumbers this week and what a wonderful, yet subtle, flavor they impart! 
 
I have been eating my super-delish steel-cut oats with quinoa and peanut butter!
 
We have "feasted" on salads most lunches, plus Chris sliced carrots, celery and cukes for snacks!  I even got the blender out for the first time post-move to make our spinach-frozen banana-frozen strawberries smoothies!
 
I love my body and treat it as my temple (b/c it IS)!  I am not obsessed with weight loss or under-nourishing myself. 
 
 I KNOW what to do, what to eat!  I guess that is why when I don't do what I should (and have plenty of time for) I am mentally kicking my own ass over it! 
 
I miss my gym!  I miss my peeps!  I miss being told what to do for one sweaty hour! 
 
I know that when I exercise, I feel better and look better.  They feed one another: when I look better, I feel better.  When I feel better, I look better.
 
A line I picked up while watching an old "Sex and The City" yesterday got me thinking:
"Accessorize the outfit you've got!"
 
This could, of course, be literal and mean our clothing.  And, considering it was said by the lead character, Carrie, a total shoe & purse junkie, it certainly might!!
 
Yet, I have equated it with our bodies!  We come in all shapes & sizes, all manner of style, at different health & fitness levels...
 
so wherever we are, everyday, we love ourselves and "Accessorize the outfit (body) we've got!!" 
 
I will get myself out of the house tomorrow morning (along with my honey) for some sweat equity!  Then, I will accessorize with my UFC Gym tee in support of our friend, Eddie Wineland's, fight ~ Team Honey Badger!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog