Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Personal Rewards

I carry around a torn piece of paper in my calendar.  Year after year, it gets transferred to the new one.  However, I don't refer to it as often as, maybe, I should.  It is titled "Little Indulgences". 
 
It includes free things, like: Call an old friend and Lie in the backyard for 30 minutes and Add vanilla extract to your hot chocolate.
 
It also includes healthy choices: Take a leisurely/scenic walk and Exercise and Take a mental health day.
 
There are some that cost a little, say, Buy expensive chocolates or Get a carwash.
 
Some that cost a little more:  Go to the theatre and Get a massage.
 
A few are about giving back:  Donate to a charity, Write a letter of gratitude and Host a party where the guests bring gifts to donate to a shelter.
 
It's an important part of our daily, or almost daily, lives to reward ourselves.  To remember that we can treat ourselves, even for free! 
 
So, last nite, after wanting something since first seeing the commercial when it was brought back, I, rather we, bought a Little Caesars Deep Deep Dish pepperoni pizza!  Remember the Pizza Pizza of Little Caesars of old?  Two big square pizzas, for the price of one!  The super crispy edges!  Mmmmm!!  This time, tho, the pizzas are more like personal size, cut into 4 decent size pieces each.  It's probably a good thing, so we don't have lots of leftovers to continue the unhealthy, yet oh-so-tasty, indulgence!  I ate 3 of my pieces last nite, with a can of Pepsi!  The 4th, I just enjoyed with a healthy salad (yesterday's lunch that was then to be yesterday's dinner until the last minute idea to drive to Little Caesars!!) ~ it made the slice of 'za even better!! 
 
I should rewrite my Little Indulgences and make it more personal to me (this one I copied from...hmmmm...probably a magazine a million years ago) and I should check it out every month to see if I have taken some time to reward myself ~ often times, this will flow to Chris, too.  Win-win!
 
Tell me, what would be on your list?

2 comments:

  1. You should share that list. :-) for those of us learning. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may have posted it some time ago. Let me see if I can find it and I will link to it here in the comments. Otherwise, I will do it in a separate post. :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog