Tuesday, January 7, 2014

My Mom

I intend to write a longer post about her, but I need time to compose it just so.  In the meantime, tho, I want to put out to the Universe that my mom is going smoke-free!  She dug out her e-cigarettes and, with the help of my grandparents, she has started Chantix.  She is going to a chiropractor to see if the constant pains and issues with her left side can be addressed and treated. 
 
She wants to take back her health!
 
My mom has some long-term health issues (related to years of smoking) that can't be "cured", but I believe she can live more when she is feeling better, sleeping better, breathing better.
 
She surprised and amazed Chris and me during our Key West trip.  She was able to walk around so much more than we had anticipated.  She put her mind to it and she just did it!
 
I want her to use that same mental power to take back her health!
 
She wants to be smoke-free when she comes for her visit in July! 
 
That's only 6 months, Mom!  We KNOW you can do it!  You are fierce when you want (& need) to be! 
 
Do this for you!  

2 comments:

  1. Sending positive energy her way. She will feel so much better when she's conquered it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandra! It's a big hurdle for her and I really hope she sticks with it this time! Not only does she need to do it for herself, but to be around for her grandchildren and great-grandchild(ren)!!

      Delete

Search This Blog