Friday, January 3, 2014

Did You Know?

January 23rd is National Pie Day!
 
Started in Colorado in 1975 by Boulder resident Charlie Papazian because he preferred double-crusted pie over cake for his birthday celebration.  A man after my own heart as I loved cheesecake (which is really closer to pie than cake) topped with cherry pie filling as a kid!!
 
So, let's all help celebrate Charlie's birthday this year by enjoying our favorite slice!
 
We are going to check out Estes Park Pie Shop today.  Then, there is Longmont's Loaf & Ladle, alleged to have a yummy strawberry pie, which is my other favorite.  And Aunt Alice's Kitchen, also in Longmont, where pie is free on Tuesdays and Saturdays!! 
 
Feel free to share your favorite pie places.

So, we didn't go for pie while in Estes Park yesterday, but that is only because we were full from our elk & yak burgers from Grubsteak!  Chris says he will only eat burgers made of yak meat from now on! 

2 comments:

  1. I never cared much for pies - except pumpkin pie, and pineapple pie and apple pie oh and don't forget coconut cream pie and . . .well, what can I say? I love pies. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog