Monday, December 30, 2013

With Eyes Wide Open

Winding down the old year always entails putting away the Christmas décor.  But it sure makes things look sparse without all of the holly jolly, doesn't it??  This year, tho, we have rearranged the bedroom and living room furniture.  Of course, we only had the prior arrangements less than 4 months, but it's fun to mix it up!!! 
 
We'll leave 2013 with a clean home and a workout ... and begin 2014 with a clean home and a workout!  Both should bode well for how we "keep" the rest of the year!!
 
I'm not making resolutions.  I plan to keep on, keepin on!  I have already been working on peeling away the layers to find my true & authentic self.  I don't intend to stop the process of discovery!  I have no idea where I will find myself in 3 months, 6 months, this time next year and I am not concerned.  I have some interests I may pursue, like that personal training certification.  I am searching for meaningful work.  I will keep working thru my process and enjoy where it leads.
 
I might have a new job for the new year (I interviewed for an optician position just this morning).  We will only live in Longmont thru August, so I'm hoping this job, which is part-time, works out for the time remaining.
 
I will keep exercising (5K runs, weight lifting, some at-home stuff thrown in here & there).  I will continue reading my new books, library books and inspirational blogs.  I will keep up my blogging (but I NEED to move to another platform). 
 
We will visit new places around Colorado (Colorado Springs, Telluride, Pagosa Springs) and make a short drive to Wyoming!!
 
My mom is going to visit in July!  Her first visit to Colorado and, most likely, our first visitor.  It's going to be fun showing her around and seeing her fall in love with Colorado, like we did!!
 
And, there are going to be plenty more fun times that spontaneously arise. 
 
I go forward filled with the possibilities that await me, excited for the adventures we will find and hopeful for new challenges ~ living & loving mindfully...with my eyes and arms wide open.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog