Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Four Agreements

I receive a variety of emails from blogs.  This morning, I clicked on Oprah's message because the subject read "4 Rules Happy People Live By."  Of course, I want to learn those four "rules," right?  Who wouldn't?  It's only four!!  However, the first link in the email was "Your Guide to Fulfillment."  Immediately, I clicked on it!!! 
 
There were short video clips, from Oprah's Super Soul Sunday (which I should really make an effort to watch or, at the very least, search the online library) discussing "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz.  I have never heard of him or his book, but the small intro paragraph mentioned two of the four agreements and I felt this was right up my alley. 
 
What a gift!!!
 
I strongly encourage you to watch the clips and I will quickly share with you the Four Agreements:
 
Be impeccable with your word
Don't take things personally
Don't make assumptions
Always do your best
 
Are you intrigued?  Did you watch, yet?  How about now?  It's only about 10 minutes total...What are you waiting for?
 
I can assure you that I will be looking for this one at my library and taking copious notes! 
 
Just from the small video snippets, I learned about myself!  I tend to do 2 & 3 too frequently and I know they are a couple of my weaknesses. 
 
These four simple agreements with MYSELF will help me to live mindfully.
 
(And for my fellow fitness aficionados: when Oprah talks about keeping her word to herself about exercise, I knew exactly where she was coming from!!!  And that helped me to get my booty to the gym for my strength training this AM!!)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog