Monday, December 23, 2013

Making Money the New-Fashioned Way

Many of us know about pinching pennies.  Being frugal.  Maybe even having multiple income streams.
 
Several times in the past, I worked 2 jobs.  Sometimes 2 part-time jobs, other times a side job to my full-time job.  Usually, it was just for extra money.  Like when we were paying off Chris's college loans. 
 
Right now, we only have one income, Chris's.  I have been looking for something, but am being more choosy this time around.  I want something that satisfies my need to help people.  I know it may not come to me right away and that I may have to take something in the meantime, which I am happy to do.  We have money in our savings account, but I would rather not tap into it when it can be avoided.  I would like to have multiple sources of income, while only working "outside" of our home on a part-time basis.  {Until I find the job that I cannot wait to get up for each morning and the time simply flies by while I am there and I am amazed when my work day is over.}
 
Over the years, I have come across some internet opportunities that make money. 
 
The first is ebates.  Before you do any more online shopping, get yourself an account with ebates!  Then, log in to this site and check for the online store from which you want to shop.  You can get a percentage of your purchase back to you in the form of a check!  I have done it, so I can fully attest to the validity of the site! 
 
Next, is Swagbucks.  Now, this one won't issue you cash directly; however, you can use your swagbucks to purchase things, like gift cards!!  Make Swagbucks your home page and use it for all of your internet searches to earn swagbucks.  You can also earn swagbucks thru surveys, purchases and a variety of other means.  I earn mine pretty much thru using Swagbucks as my primary search engine.  I have "purchased" many giftcards with my earnings!!!  You can keep them for yourself or give them as gifts!!!
 
Have you heard of e-rewards?  With this site, you get emails sent to you to take surveys.  They vary in length, and compensation is in direct proportion to the depth of the survey.  I have used my e-rewards money to buy magazine subscriptions, for myself and others.  But you can use them toward loyalty programs (airline & hotel) and discounts for online retailers, like Omaha steaks. 
 
And, last but not least, do you know of the Kiva micro-loan program?  While it is not a way for us to make money, it is a way to help someone make a living, usually in less fortunate countries, who doesn't have access to traditional banking.  I have blogged about them before, but was recently reminded of them when e-rewards offered a special magazine subscription-Kiva loan combo.  I was able to use my e-rewards earnings to buy myself a magazine subscription and e-rewards then made a $10 loan to a Kiva participant!  (When the loan is repaid, it does not come back to me, as I didn't make the direct transaction.)
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. Great information to have.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog