Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Holiday Helpers

This holiday season, I have volunteered for the first time.  Chris & I served meals at the OUR Center the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve.  We found it to be more fun than we would have thought.
 
I rang the Salvation Army bell for the Red Kettle campaign.  I added holiday flair to my outfit by wearing my reindeer antler headband ~ and got plenty of compliments!  It was the coldest day of the week and my time was 4-6PM, when the sun goes down, the temps drop right along with it!  Even with cold fingers and toes, I kept ringing my bell, never taking a break, and thinking how there are people who live outdoors.  I only had to endure for 2 hours!!  My fellow Coloradans were very generous in both their cash and their spirit!
 
Both were rewarding experiences and I am grateful that we have had made the time to help out in these small ways.  We live rather simply and know we have enough.  Giving our time to these causes costs us nothing, but earns us much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog