Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving Eve

It's the day before our first Thanksgiving in Colorado.  And what a gorgeous day we have had here today!  Warm-ish temps (no coat required) and plenty of sunshine!!  And Chris was able to leave work early, which meant we could head out for a bit before it was dark (damn daylight savings time!).
 
I made my World Famous Cranberry Cherry Walnut dish this morning.  Tell me, who doesn't love the smell of fresh orange zest?!?
 
We have all the necessary ingredients for our respective dishes and I am going to cook a whole chicken in the crockpot for the first time. 
 
It's going to be a bit strange to not be heading to my aunt's (and we will certainly miss all of her super delicious foods), but we have lived away from family when we were in Florida, so being alone for the holidays isn't all that new to us.  Last nite my cousin, Matt, invited us to join them at his girlfriend's father's home, but we already had our plan to make food here and graze throughout the day!  (Plus, we get all the leftovers to enjoy all weekend long!!!)
 
It doesn't really "feel" like a holiday, tho.
 
It's all about the changes we knew to expect by taking the road less travelled and moving in the direction of our dream.
 
I am thankful for my husband and our health.  I am thankful for our financial ability to make this big life change.  I am thankful that my family members are healthy and that many of them will be gathering together tomorrow to break bread.  I am thankful that my grandparents are still with us and that they remember the important dates in our life.  I am thankful that Chris was able to land a university job very shortly after our arrival to Colorado.  I am thankful that we both have vehicles in good working conditions.  I am thankful that I have some amazing girlfriends who inspire me, encourage me and look out for me.  I am thankful that I can take this break from working.  I am thankful that we have a nice place to live and can surround ourselves with things that make anywhere we live our home.  I am thankful for our fur babies, as they make us a family.  I am thankful for the travel opportunities Chris and I have enjoyed thru the years and look forward to many more. 
 
I hope we can all see the things in our lives, big & small, for which we can be thankful.  I intend to continue to practice an attitude of gratitude throughout the year.  Please join me!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog