Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Heels

I have worn heels the past two days.  Yesterday, a pair of heeled short boots with my embroidered jeans.  Today, my black & white heeled shoes with black jeans.
 
Our arrival to Colorado has brought many changes and one of those is, of course, that I am not working in an office and, therefore, don't have the need to wear my "work" clothes.  (Some, I didn't even unpack b/c I figured why bother.  Truth be told, they are mostly dresses that I would wear in the summer, but still...)  It's weird to see the shirts, pants, skirts, jackets that I would rotate thru just hanging there...waiting, waiting, waiting.  Funny thing is, I would look into my closet (pre-move) and dislike anything and everything ~ I had grown weary of the same old things! 
 
Wearing my heels connects me to the years I spent working in a (semi) professional setting.  And while I am not dressing for work these days, and I don't have anywhere of import to go, it feels DAMN good to wear my heels again!!  I was almost never in flat shoes, other than the gym!  I'm, like, short, here in CO!   
 
Kinda silly, right?
 
I have the days I want to dress "down" and be comfy with my imitation Chuck Taylors or the days I feel a bit more bohemian and like to wear sandals and flow-y shirts and the days I am a bit more "edgy" with my black boots, tights and short skirts!!!  I am unsure if I am attempting to find my style post-move, but I think we all satisfy our different personalities thru our outfits.
 
Today, I am an eclectic mix ~ which is pretty spot-on with my mental state, as of late ~ to my heels and jeans, I add a white tank, gray zippered jacket and multi-layered black/gray/clear/silver beaded necklace! 
 
And where might I be wearing this fabu ensemble, you ask? 
 
A jaunt to the library, I answer! 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog