Friday, December 12, 2014

31 Gifts ~ Day Twelve

Day Twelve: Social Connections

 
With the internet and, especially, Facebook, I am able to keep in touch with loved ones near and far.  Most of my immediate family has lived in Florida for the majority of my life, so I am grateful to have photos and messages and chats almost instantaneously.  That said, I could be far better at picking up the phone for a real chat.  I speak with my mom regularly, but I need to contact my grandparents, my siblings and a girlfriend or two, more frequently. 
 
While I can no longer schedule face-to-face time with my girls, I remember just how jazzed I would feel after a few hours in the presence of one of my gal pals.  I would be buzzing with encouragement, inspiration, motivation, determination and love!!  So, do that!  Have your girls over for coffee, tea, lunch or meet out for the same.  Call the ones who no longer live close. 
 
Visit your family and friends outside of the big gatherings, where it is hard to have one-on-one conversations of any depth or length. 
 
You will feel your batteries recharged and you may find you have opened your eyes to new horizons for the coming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog