Monday, December 8, 2014

31 Gifts ~ Day Eight


Day Eight:  The Future Generation
 
The children, who will one day run the world, need our love, guidance, wisdom and playfulness. 
 
While I do not have any children of my own, I am lucky to be Aunt Jennie to a gaggle of nieces, nephews and great-nephews!  From our oldest, Amber (now a mom herself),  to our youngest, Romi (who celebrates her first Christmas this year), I have the joy of watching each grow into a uniquely awesome individual!!  Thanks to the internet and Facebook, I can see pictures of many of them, as we only live near one at this time.  And no matter their ages, when I hear one of them say “Aunt Jennie” it always makes my heart melt! 
 
If you are someone who gives gifts for the holidays, perhaps you can select something educational, informative, challenging for the kids on your list.  Books, puzzles, counting games, for example.
 
"Tell me and I forget.  Teach me and I remember.  Involve me and I learn." ~ Benjamin Franklin
 
"You cannot open a book without learning something." ~ Confucius
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog