Friday, December 5, 2014

31 Gifts ~ Day Five

Day Five: Advent Calendars
 
 
I LOVE them!  I buy an inexpensive one each year, you know with the cheap chocolates inside.  But the feeling I get opening each numbered day takes me back to my childhood ~ one of my aunts made the cousins our own advent calendars: a piece of ribbon (maybe felt) to which was tied 25 peppermint candies.  Mine hung on my bedroom door knob and I was always so anxious for the next day to remove another candy. 
 
There are some really creative ideas circling the “interwebs”!  I’m sure you can enter “advent calendar” in Pinterest to find a plethora of inspiration!  It's not too late to make one for this year.  And maybe make a few extra to give as gifts next year! 
 
In our holiday totes, I did find one that a friend gave me a couple years ago...after I bought one.  So, I have to remind myself, next year, that I just need to buy 25 "gifts" to place in my fancy advent calendar!!!  Yay!!!
 
For me, it’s not the prize, but the process and the nostalgic connection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog