Thursday, December 11, 2014

31 Gifts ~ Day Eleven


Day Eleven: Surprises
 
Giving and getting surprises are so much fun, aren’t they?  Just like the anticipation of waiting until Christmas morning for that special someone to open their gifts ~ and for you to open yours.  To see the joy on that person’s face when first spying a coveted item.  Why not throw those in throughout the holiday season ~ from Halloween through New Year's!?  Better yet, let's practice this all year long!!
 
We have a friend, a pilot, who brought us our favorite cheese & caramel popcorn from Chicago ~ a special item that we would buy during our trips to Chicago for our anniversary and we cannot get in Denver.  My mom saw Jess’s Facebook post “hint” and called me on the phone to tell her what it was all about!  HA! 
 
It's just like the Pay It Forward campaign we have all heard about: buy a coffee for the person behind you in line.  How about a burger at lunch?  Maybe a cookie for a sweet treat?
 
Just because, I sent each of my sisters a $5 Dunkin Donuts giftcard.  We don't exchange birthday or holiday gifts, but I wanted to give them something that has meaning to the three of us.  They live near one another in Florida (where they were born and raised) and I get down there to visit about once a year.  Chris and I introduced them to coffee drinking at DD over the years!  On my last visit in the summer, my sister, Kelley, would bring me coffee either on her way to work or when she was making the run for everyone at her workplace!!! 
 
Chris and I don't often exchange gifts for the holidays, either.  We like to get a little something for one another throughout the year.  When we find something the other has been looking for or see an inexpensive item that we know the other would love!!! 
 
Don’t wait until the calendar declares a holiday to get someone a little something.  If we are just wanting to surprise them for the sheer joy of doing so, that's when the thought really counts!!  It’s a win-win!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog