Thursday, November 8, 2012

What's on Tap for the Weekend



Hopefully, tomorrow nite, we will have our first bonfire!  Just the 2 of us!!  We have quite a bit of brush that needs burned ~ so we will be enjoying the fire while helping to clean up the "yard"!  I also have pumpkin (shaped and flavored) marshmallows that I will just have to try roasted over an open fire!!

We will have the first guests to our Loveshack!  My aunt and her husband are stopping by on Saturday for a late lunch and to see Ogden Dunes.  We might take them down to the beach ~ where we haven't been since the nite we went to see the high waves during Sandy.  Coincidentally, they were the first guests at Harvest Moon House, too!

I am going to try out a new crockpot recipe, Buffalo Chicken.  The recipe calls for chicken legs, but my honey bought thighs, so we will improvise!  This is a recipe that I requested from a co-worker's wife.  He brought this to our Halloween party; however, I didn't try them until the next day's leftovers.  Holy, YUM!  Both cold and reheated, they are awesome!  I'll serve some frozen peas & corn, along with either garlic rolls or garlic bread.  Considering buying a dessert, but still toying with the idea of whipping something up from my recipe book...

I made a Cranberry Walnut Bread last weekend that is almost gone (I will enjoy the last piece today).  It is best when sliced and toasted, if you can believe that!!  Don't think I have made this bread before and pretty sure I copied it from one of the mysteries I read.  Fortunately, I had purchased a can of whole cranberries on my last Aldi trip!!  I will definitely make this recipe again!  Could be something to take for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

On Sunday, I plan to try out a Sweet Potato Hash recipe.  If we like it, then it will definitely be one of the foods we bring for Thanksgiving this year!  I love sweet potatoes and really like to have new ways to eat them!  They are so full of healthy goodness!!!

We also have a couple acorn squash I can bake.  I have already made some once this fall, with a new recipe, of course.  Think I might go simple with these: just honey & cinnamon as a healthy side/dessert to go with our Hash.

Our drag queen friend, Sinders Parrish, might compete in her 2nd Dragzilla at SPIN in Chicago on Saturday, but we haven't yet decided if we are making a nite of it.  We want to support our friend and it has to be comforting to recognize faces in the crowd. 

With the Northeast getting slapped with snow yesterday, I know that winter isn't too far off for our neck of the woods.  Looks like we are going to have some Fall weather this weekend!  Yippee!!  I hope it doesn't come with rain, so that we can be outdoors enjoying this, most likely, last hurrah of autumn's warmth!  I think I will see which of the Dunes trails Chris would like to hit Sunday morning!!!  There are several left to tackle and it would be crazy to let the weekend & weather pass without lacing up our walking/running shoes and making the most of the nature that surrounds us!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog