Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Buffalo Chicken in the Crockpot

So, over the weekend, we had our first guests and I tried out a new crockpot recipe that I got from a co-worker.  The next time I make it, I won't follow it exactly as given.  Here is the new & improved:

1/2 cup butter
1 bottle Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo Sauce
2 T oregano
Boneless skinless chicken breasts, slightly thawed

Melt butter in saucepan, add sauce & oregano.  Bring to simmer.
Place chicken in crockpot and pour sauce over.
Cook on low 4-6 hours.
Shred chicken with forks.
Serve on buns (like Italian beef) with blue cheese or sour cream.



The original called for 1 cup butter, 2 T dried onion and using chicken legs.

I mistakenly only used 1/2 cup butter and can't imagine another 1/2 cup in there!!

I didn't have dried onion, so I omitted it and doubt we missed it.

The chicken cooks down so much that it falls off the bone...thus leaving bones that have to be picked out.  And they are easily missed.  I, for one, hate, hate, hate to bite into bones in my meat, chicken or fish.  Grosses me out and I have a hard time eating anymore after!  So, my aunt, who was one of our two guests, suggested boneless, skinless breasts, shredded on sandwiches ~~ and I couldn't agree more.

That said, you can eat the chicken and its sauce on mashed potatoes or rice, too, and that would be a great way to re-serve the leftover!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog