Thursday, November 29, 2012

Looking Ahead

Here we are the day before the last day of November (so hard to believe!!).  This morning, I erased November from our dry erase board and made December.  From the looks of it, we are pretty busy next month.  2013 will be here before we know it!!!

We have 3 holiday concerts at VU.  The first holiday party at my gym.  Lunch with our friends, Beth & Paul.  Gathering at our place and/or heading to The City with my friend, Jenn, who will be visiting her family over Christmas (she lives in Denver).  Of course, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  Then, it will be the 29th and we are off to belatedly celebrate our anniversary and to ring in the new year in Sin City (Vegas, baby, yeah!!!)

We would like to meet with Dave & Sandra for a long overdue dinner double date. 

I hoped to go roller skating again.

We need to meet up with the Stephenses.

Chris will be off the week of Christmas (he doesn't have to use any vacation time) and I may use up my last remaining 2012 PTO to be off, as well.  We will both be off New Year's week.  So, I could end up with 16 days off (that includes weekends) and only have to use 6 PTO days!!!  Chris gets all those same days and only has to use 3 days!  Not too shabby! 

Oh, we caught the full moon last nite!  Awesome!!  We walked to the beach, under a bright, bright moon and, while walking down to the pier and back, we saw shooting stars (Chris 3 and me 2)!  My first shooting star sighting EVER!  It was magical!!!  Thought for sure they were signs that we would be successful in the largest Powerball game, but I guess I was wrong b/c we didn't win a thing...not even our $2 back!  And I think the lunar pull on the water was strong as the waves were crashing onto the shore. 

It was pretty chilly, too.  We were both bundled up in winter coats with hats and gloves.  On the walk back down the beach, Chris even gave me his scarf and pulled the hood of his sweatshirt up.  (My thighs were beet red when we got home...I was wearing jeans and had thought to put on my Cuddleduds and then forgot!!)  I told him that January thru March we may have to drive the few blocks to the beach on full moon nites b/c it will just be too darn cold!  I plan to walk along the beach, for sure, but we might be popsicles if we walked there & back, too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog