Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Good Sore





I know I have said it before, but it bears repeating: I have the best gymLA Boxing, Merrillville, is incredible!  We have awesome instructors who will hold you accountable and push you when you think you have no more to give (one more rep!!!).  So, we are usually sore the next day (sometimes 2..with the second day's soreness often worse than the day after classes)!!! 


On one of the walls, there is the day's circuit plus the sign in (& the wait list), as well as many sayings written by some of us.  One of the many our circuit instructor, Nick, has posted is: Sore Today or Sorry Tomorrow!  Sometimes, it's a little of both!  HA!

We had a very leg-intensive workout last nite and I am feeling it somewhat today, mostly in my hips, actually.  I also have a tender spot behind my neck, btwn my shoulder blades, where the Smith Machine bar rested.  

Oh, and I stumbled in Walmart Monday nite ...didn't fall, tho... and I am REALLY feeling that along the outside of my left shin.  Today's choice of footwear, not helping either!  UGH!!!

I am at a crux, trying to decide if I take Amy's boxing class tonite or skip.  I will be right back in the mix for the circuit tomorrow and will go to boxing on Friday, so that I make 4 classes this week. 

Chris and I will be walking to the beach tonite to see the Full Moon (one of my goals for the year we are living in Ogden Dunes is to hit the beach for EVERY full moon...weather be damned!) and while that isn't anything near the workout I get at the gym, it is physical activity.

I don't want to aggravate my leg and then be off for a week or so....

Anyway, my "Yay Burpees" socks are on their way and I can't wait to wear them!  They are more perfect for boxing or kickboxing classes, than the circuit (except when Nick makes a burpee circuit ~~ each exercise ends with a burpee...so tough!!), so I have to pick the right time for their debut wear.


We are getting another lovely fall-like weekend coming up!  Perfect for me to transition my outdoor fall decor to winter, which includes breaking up my pumpkins & gourds for the deer, squirrels, chipmunks to munch on.  A squirrel helped itself to the pumpkin in the birdbath ~ we were cracking up while watching it.  Then, Chris said he saw a deer picking at it yesterday!  Makes me happy...especially since they waited until it was after Thanksgiving to destroy my display...that we can help the critters out!  I plan to strategically place the pieces around  the back to bring the deer where we would like to see them!  Fingers crossed!! 

Hope you can get out tonite to enjoy the Full Beaver Moon!  Bella Luna was gorgeous early yesterday evening as I drove from work to the gym.  She hung low in the northeastern sky with a pinkish hue!  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE when the moon is out in daylight!!!  It is one of my favorite things in the whole wide world!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog