Friday, November 9, 2012

Shadow of Night


My place in the request line at the library for Deborah Harkness's long-awaited sequel finally came!!!  I have had my hands on "Shadow of Night" for a week now, but haven't been able to spend enough time reading!  I am about halfway thru and have one more week to finish. 

I am loving "Shadow" as much as the first book, "A Discovery of Witches".


In both books, the author painstakingly researches history and seamlessly blends the magical, fantastical and paranormal with the historical.  The tomes are wordy and not for the light-hearted readers!  For those of you who love the written word as much as I do, they are so worth it! 

In "Shadow," the main characters, Diana & Matthew, timetravel back to late 16th century Europe, when much of the New World has yet to be colonized and the witch hunts are beginning...clearly, a dangerous time for Diana, a witch, to be detected and (falsely) accused by anyone who may have jealousy or revenge at heart.

I won't give any details away...let you enjoy all the literary goodness for yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog