Thursday, August 8, 2013

Checklists & Packing & Goodbyes, Oh My!

It's only about one month until we hit the road and head west for our next adventure!  The next chapter in our life...the newest chapters to continue the story that we have been weaving for over two decades.

I have checklists galore, but I am still anxious.  I think because there are things we simply cannot do until right up to the day of loading the moving truck (oh, yeah...we are, once again, moving ourselves!), so I feel a bit like a hamster on a wheel. 

I go to work, even tho it's almost torture to sit around there while the beautiful days are happening around me!  I work on the logistics of the move that I can (setting up utilities, emailing the new landlord, checking cellphone pricing...) while my mind is spinning about the things that must wait a little bit longer.

Chris is amazing thru these sorts of things.  He is our packer!  I have all the confidence in him that we will strategically get everything we plan to take with us to Colorado fit into the 16' Penske truck on Sunday, September 8th.

I am still waiting on those who said they were buying our furniture to come forward, pick it up and pay us.  (This is part of my anxiety!)

My work is throwing me a going-away party on August 28th.  Should be fun!  I might be a bit sad...but not so much!  I might miss a bit of the routine of getting up and going to work (and getting a paycheck!!), but I don't think it will be a bother for awhile, seeing that we will have lots to keep us busy both pre-& post-move for several weeks, at least!

We went to the Lake County Fair on Saturday.  The weather was perfect!  As close to fall as I would want for a summer-time fair.  We ate our corndogs, shared an elephant ear and split "butterfly fries" with nacho cheese and bacon bits!  We strolled the animal areas, pet the newborn piglets, admired the vegetables, played our mouse game, strolled the midway and enjoyed some horse shows.  It was wonderful!!  We will head back there this Saturday at nite to experience it one last time and with everything a-glow!  Plus, we didn't get a funnel cake and there is a place selling one made with red velvet mix!  Whoa!  Gotta give that a try!!!

My days at my wonderful gym are coming to their last and I know it will be very sad my final class (which just happens to be a Hammer circuit).  I am going to miss so much of that place!!!

I want to find a place to meet up with people who would like to see us before we leave, but I can't really think of anywhere other than a bar (which doesn't entice me but might have to do).  But I don't want to just "sneak" away!  I want to see & talk & dance & enjoy our NWI peeps!

It's almost surreal that the time to move is just about here!  I pray for the 4 days of the "big stuff" (loading, 2 days of driving and unloading) to be simply beautiful weather ~ sunny, cool & dry would be ideal! 

Well, back to my checklists to see what I can work on today!!!  Otherwise, I am back to Pinterest searching out Fall and Halloween ideas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog